Sunday, March 3, 2013

Other than Ordinary

I've never considered myself anything other than ordinary (daydreams and revenge fantasies aside). However, as I experience more of the world and I meet more of its denizens, I've come to realise something.

I like to make people smile. And I'm pretty good at it.

Maybe that's two things.

When I was asked what superpower I want to have, I said I wanted the power to make everyone I meet happy. It seems silly, but it really is what I want to do with my life. I get so much pleasure from helping others help themselves, and from brightening other people's days. I like to give them the absolute best I can, and I like to make them laugh.

I'm selfish and morose and flawed; I'm not perfect and I don't want to be. But, there can't be this many nice people in the world. Aren't people supposed to be self-serving and judgmental? (Yeah, there are a few of those wandering around. Stay away from me, please.)

I don't love a lot of people. That's just my nature.

I love the saying "If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours." It's a little thing to make such a big difference. I feel like a three year-old bestowing trinkets on passing adults.

"And a smile for Mommy, and a smile for Daddy. And a big smile for Max, and for my friends at home and the guys in my History tutorial who didn't seem fazed by my overly-caffinated self."

Wut.
WolfGrrl

No comments:

Post a Comment