Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Pack

Today I did not want to get out of bed.

I state this in the conspiratorial tone of a confession; I am somewhat ashamed of my inability to control my baser laziness. But, something told me when my alarm went off at 5:30 AM that it wasn't going to be a productive day.

So far, it hasn't been. I am feeling harried and chased, as though my responsibilities have grown teeth and a cruel inclination to follow me wherever I go. I attended my morning classes with a sense of discombobulation that has been elevated slightly by friends, the arrival of an unwelcome guest, and chocolate. The fact remains, however, that I have obligations that are now demanding my attention.

I hear you, yowling at me from my books, my computer, the silent walls of a judgmental library. I hear you. Fine. I'm on my way.

WolfGrrl

1 comment:

  1. Take a day off for yourself, you will feel much better once refreshed (:

    ReplyDelete