Saturday, November 19, 2011

Edible Insanity

When I am stressed, I bake.
I guess I'm stressed, and while this week has been long and exhausting (and the fact that I no longer seem able to sleep does not help) I don't feel stressed. I've done my homework - most of it I've turned in early! I aced my test, I finished my project. I have to write a paper, but not for another two weeks, and divine intervention has yet to fail me. So, really, what have I got to be stressed about?

Tonight's bizarre baking phenomenon appears to be a chocolate PAC-man cake. It looks like a PAC-man because I ate a slice before I iced it, and now...you get the idea. (Side note: PAC-man isn't an accepted word in spell check. WTH?)

If I had my camera I'd post a picture of the cake; suffice to say, it's one of my better creations. And isn't that always the way it happens? You think you've finally gone off the deep end, or you can't remember a single word of what you just wrote for your final, and then you open the oven, get the paper back, and realize you aced it. It's one of the more incredible ways the world works.

And there's our intelligent, space-agey laundry machine singing its cheerful little "Finished and happy about it!" song.

Ahhh, I love the way fresh towels feel. Makes me want to take a shower, just so I can use the warm, fluffy towel afterwards. But I'm too spaced right now to risk a shower; there was a time when I had to shower in the mornings because I fell asleep if I showered at night. Now, it's all about time. Well, and the fact that my hair gets gross if I don't wash it daily...something my hairdresser yells at me about. Whatever. Maybe her hair can withstand the onslaught of grease, but I feel nasty and my scalp itches when I don't wash my hair. And there's a lovely image for all of you. Sorry; I'm really tired. I'm not coherent. What was I talking about? Oh. Food. Dessert. My baking addiction.

Yes, there is such a thing as Edible Insanity. I make it. Usually with chocolate. I'm getting quite good. And speaking in short, declarative sentences seems to be another hallmark of my wandering wits. Joy. Maybe I should really get some sleep. I have been up for almost...20 hours? That's scary. It can't be true. But yes, I am a freak who, no matter what time she goes to bed, gets up at 6 AM. I make my own life a living hell. I am definitely insane.

Anyway, now that the PAC-man cake is telling me to go. To. Bed. I think I shall.

G'night (and apologies for the weirdness of my sleep-deprived brain)
WolfGrrl

No comments:

Post a Comment