Monday, July 2, 2012

?????

Yeah, I just don't have a catchy title today. But, it occurred to me that the advice I gave my boyfriend (about writing every day, even if it's only a sentence) is advice I need to take.

I haven't been writing much this summer. Oh, I had a brief stint where I worked on my novel (a never-ending process if there was one), but aside from that and letters to friends and notes to family, I haven't done any writing for about three months.

None. Nada. Zilch. Not even here, on my blog.

I just don't feel...motivated to write. I have always used writing as a means of exorcising my internal demons and now to my surprise, I don't seem to have any demons. Oh sure, I dislike the way I look sometimes, or my hair gives me trouble or the 40+ C heat gets to me...but those are minor things; the squabbles that come with living life.

My question is, where the heck has my writing gone?

Did it vanish? Did it run away to someone else who is miserable and doesn't know how to express herself? Since neither of those things apply to me, maybe my writing took a vacation. It's been on call for about ten years; that's a long time to work with no breaks. It should sue.

I think (I hope) that my writing hiatus stems from my external rather than internal focus (my therapist would be so proud; I use such big, fancy words). These days I am focused on my friends, boyfriend, and family members and not so much myself.

So...yeah. There really isn't a title for this kind of...whatever.
WolfGrrl

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry! I have gotten really slack and practically stopped... I just don't have much to say... hahahah

    It is good you don't have inner demons any more! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries! :) and yes, demons took a vacay too, haha. i just figured i should take my own advice.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete