Saturday, May 5, 2012

For Max

Those of you who read my posts know that I like words. Sometimes I like them too much. But today...today words are escaping me. Those of you who read my posts know that I also don't talk directly to you. Or not very often. But today...today I will. Today I will find the words to speak to someone.

Hello, Max.

You have stolen my words, silly person, but that's all right because I don't need them to talk to you. You understand. We think similar thoughts; we say things the other was thinking. You make me laugh. I make you laugh. You told me that I made you very happy. I'm telling you, right now, that I might be glowing. I have been all week.

You make me happy, Max. And that's not something I take for granted.

I haven't got impressive, writerly thoughts I can give you. I haven't got fancy words to clutter up my head and make me clumsy.

I do like you. Very much. It took courage for you to write me that, and I want to be equal to your courage. Friends or something more, I am so grateful, so humbled, so happy to have met you. Out of all the people in the world, I met you.

Ich sehe auch eine große Zukunft.
Je vois aussi un grand avenir.
Io vedo anche un grande futuro.
I also see a great future.

Those are all my words, Max. You stole the rest, but you gave me something precious in return. So thank you.

Genevieve

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say.. Now it is my turn to be lost for words? (:

    I didn't expect a reply like this.. Thank you, very much

    Maybe one day it can be something more? :D

    Fate (:

    ReplyDelete