Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crisis Management

I always wondered if I'd inherited my mother's ability to manage a crisis. This weekend, I had my chance to find out.

I arrived home from a four day trip to DC to discover my parents at the hospital and the house a mess. Everyone is fine now, but things were pretty tense there for a while and I found myself thrown into the position of telephone operator, cook, housekeeper, and surrogate parent/caregiver.

It was an interesting 48 hours, with my sister being stricken ill in the wee hours of Monday morning and neither parent home to tend her. But I finally learned the answer to my long-unspoken question: Will I be able to cope in crisis?

Yup. Hey, I even managed to make a full meal for four in under two hours. For those of you who've never tried it, pie crust is a pain in the butt to make...but worth the inevitable cursing and crying.

Oh. And I love my boyfriend. He stayed with me all night, made sure I slept, and generally refused to let me fall apart. Thank you, darling. I try to look at everything as training for the future, and I know I can count on you to be there for me, no matter what (or where).

And think of the benefits! You get a Crisis Management team that also makes pies! Hehehe.

WolfGrrl

1 comment:

  1. You did wonderfully ^_^ and I'm glad that you at least got a little bit of sleep <3 Of course I will always be there and do what I can for you (:

    And cookies too ;) heheh

    ReplyDelete