Friday, June 15, 2012

The Little Things

I think the best things in life are the little things you don't notice until they go wrong or disappear. The satisfaction I get from cleaning my room, or washing my lunch dishes, or baking a cake that doesn't fall is equal to the satisfaction I get when I finish a semester at school or pass an exam.

I like to wake up and talk to my boyfriend. I like to know that he's smiling just as stupidly as I am. I like to send my friends funny things I find in my daily life, or update them on something random that happened to me in the grocery store. I like finding a jar of Nutella for $4.65. I like seeing the dog stretch, or feel the cat rub her head against my side as she dozes next to me on the sofa.

I like to laugh. I like to watch Pride and Prejudice and clap when Darcy and Lizzie get married. I like to take a nap, and wake up with all of my stuffed animals on top of me or in my arms. I like to watch Lord of the Rings with my mama, or tease my daddy on the phone.

Who isn't satisfied by catching the bus on time, washing your hair, eating a cookie, vacuuming the floor? I washed my car (an event and a half), but it was so pleasant to see it sparkle in the sun. And I got a suntan as well! I like to write a sentence that is so beautifully balanced, it sings like the hills in The Emperor's New Groove. We can learn from Kuzco and Pacha. Simplicity is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

(And so is finding a towel to clean up the spilled water on the kitchen floor, hrmmm)

Cheers!
Wolfgrrl

No comments:

Post a Comment