Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Holiday Paradox

It is a truth universally acknowledged that I am not very productive in spring or autumn. Perhaps it comes from being perpetually on an academic schedule; perhaps it is simply that I enjoy spring and autumn weather more than the rest of the year. Whatever the reason, I am disinclined to acquiesce to the requests of professors, professionals and other deadline-makers.

Being a student abroad has its perks, one of which is that I am on a semi-permanent holiday. It is highly convenient to be able to wander up to the shops and browse for an hour or two in the middle of the day, for no reason other than I want to wander. I go to bookshops and smell the books. I go to fancy boutiques and try on ball gowns. I go to expensive shoe stores and pretend to be fabulously wealthy as I parade around in Italian leather heels. Then I go back to Uni and write a bibliography while eating lollies.

It's a good life. Even if I'm not very productive.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that sunny autumn days are a blessing. Especially in Dunedin, where the weather in winter takes on a distinctly Scottish tone.

Today is a sunny autumn day, and I am not being productive. This weekend's forecast seems even less so, but, as I am about to go on a holiday during my holiday, I should probably get some work done.

Have a few New Zealand pictures, while I'm at it. It's been a while.




Bisous
WolfGrrl

No comments:

Post a Comment