Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Life is Over

Or it will be, if I ever, EVER am exposed to the game Skyrim.

Good Lord, even from the few trailers online and the one song I have been listening to obsessively, if I ever get my hands on this game it's "goodbye college education, hello headache/bad eyesight/one million hours on the computer." You have no idea how obsessive I can become over things like this; the music alone is haunting me. It will be the soundtrack of my dreams tonight, if I know my brain. *rolls eyes*

Somehow, though, I can't complain. There is a certain kind of alchemy that happens once in a while when I find something that...resonates, for lack of a better term, with me. Those of you who know me may remember my abiding love for fantasy fiction (I read and write it; always have, always will). I'm frustrated with writing instructors (oxymoron alert!) who say that Fantasy isn't a "real" genre. Excuse me for not wanting to write about real life; unfortunately, I have to live that.

Fantasy allowed me to get through high school, and my life, marginally sane and without killing anyone. The world should be thanking me for my self-restraint, and my poor characters for undergoing many trials and traumas to spare the poor clueless individuals like said writing instructors, who would otherwise have been subjected to the Wrath of a Teacup Human...at least, the wrath of this Teacup Human. Which is not pretty.

Anyway, I'm starting to get a headache now, and I'm definitely not being productive as I attempt to write. I think the safest thing for me to do right now is go to bed...even if I do dream of dragons. I love dragons; in my deep, secret heart, I want to see one. Intelligent, beautiful, elegant, graceful, malicious, pernicious, insightful, tricky - there aren't enough adjectives in the world to describe such incredible creatures. Dragons are freedom: don't ever forget that.

Sorry. Skyrim is only the very latest in my love-affair with dragons and the legends and culture that spring up around them. Toddling off to bed now, so you're not subjected to my special brand of insanity any longer.

Ciao
WolfGrrl

Oh. Have a little Skyrim, just for the hell of it:

The Dragonborn Comes - Skyrim

No comments:

Post a Comment