Thursday, April 19, 2012

Techno-what?

This is probably an awful thing to admit, but here I go.

I suck at technology.
Really.

I know, I know, I managed to get this blog up and running, but as proof of how terrible I am, let me give you exhibit A: this blog. While trying to follow a friend's blog, I somehow set it so I'm following my own. How dumb is that? And now I have no idea how to un-follow myself. Thank goodness you can't friend yourself on Facebook, or I'd have done that too.

Coming from a family that consists of the Technology Wizard, the Technology Dunce, and the Technology Abuser, I fit somewhere between dunce and abuser. I use technology quite a bit, from playing time-wasting games online to watching videos of kittens on YouTube (please, no comments. I know how sad that is. And I'm in college, God help me). I even managed to keep this blog going, and not turn it into a mad pit of insane rantings (what my last blog became).

My theory about my technological ups and downs is I was born just at the edge of the Technological Era, and therefore grew up between it and the previous era. I got a cell phone at age sixteen; a car at age eighteen; a computer at thirteen-ish (for writing and papers); Facebook when I was seventeen; and my first (and only) iPod when I was sixteen or so. So, compared to my peers or my sister's peers, I came relatively late to the hyper-connectivity party. Therefore, I fall in the awkward place of technologically savvy and a techno-dunce.

Hey, I'm content with that. It's kind of cute (sometimes) and kind of annoying (all other times). At least I am not my sister, The Mad-Clicker. When she has technology issues she clicks the mouse until the computer's brain explodes. I don't abuse my technology. I yell at it.

Our world is too technological anyway. My car is as smart as my calculator; both of them do more things than I'll ever need or know about. I guess when the robots invade or we have a Hal-type revolution, I'll be killed later rather than earlier.

Oh look, I even worked 2012 Doom n' Gloom into this post. HA.

buh-byes,
WolfGrrl

No comments:

Post a Comment