Thursday, February 23, 2012

Toilet Terror

I wonder if being small means things that aren't scary for normal people are scary for me? In this case, it's the toilet.

For some reason, every time I flush the toilet I'm gripped by the bizarre fear that something will slither up from the drain and bite me in the butt as I skitter out of the stall. On the list of irrational fears, I think this comes fairly near the top.

My sister (who won't thank me for telling this story, but don't worry, no one's naked) used to be terrified of automatic-flush toilets. Back in the Technological Stone Age when these things were modern, they had them installed in most reststops along the major US highways. This meant that every time we took a family road trip (a horror within itself) she would need to pee but be unable to, due to abject terror.

While this may, in some strange world, make sense, for the most part it just made me laugh. Now I'm in the awkward position of being afraid of a normal toilet, and (naturally), it doesn't seem so funny.

Oh dear.
WolfGrrl

No comments:

Post a Comment