Wednesday, March 27, 2013

20 Things Different

Hi everybody.

Now that I've been overseas for roughly three months, I thought I'd write a little post about things that I've noticed about New Zealand. If most of them are things that annoy me, well... Let's not go into that.

Right, off we go.

1. They use real sugar, not corn syrup.

2. Coins can actually be used to buy things. Like food. And books.

3. There is no turning right on red. Or more accurately, there is no right-hand-drive equivalent to turning right on red. (Primitives.)

4. You can buy alcohol everywhere. Liquor and lollies are cheap and easy to find.

5. The Weather. I change my clothes six times a day. 'Nuff said.

6. $26.00 a kilo for limes. WTF? I don't want that many limes...

7. There is no such thing as a crosswalk. Or rather, there is ALWAYS such a thing as a crosswalk.

8. The wildlife is oddly loud. And antagonistic.

9. Stupid EFTPOS machines. I spend so much time verifying that I am myself.

10. These people are too energetic for me. I feel like a slug. (I am a slug.)

11. It costs more than God can afford to pay. And that's with a decent exchange rate.

12. My friends are noticeably NOT PRESENT. Three thousand miles, pshh.

13. You can buy beer/wine at the movies. Shocking... (This should go under #4.)

14. Dan Brown is considered good literature.

15. It's called a Cashpoint, not an ATM. I fail.

16. I wear a size 3 shoe.

17. Not enough babies in my life. Except for that one party...

18. I have to convert everything.

19. I am still far away from my boyfriend.

20. Everything needs to be turned on twice. Even my computer.

1 comment:

  1. You silly hahaha
    You have to do that for eftpos machines to protect your money, if it wasn't like that, if someone stole your card anyone could easily be taking money from you, but they don't bacuse they can't (: And a cashpoint machine is the same as an ATM

    ReplyDelete